We’re looking for a dynamic BRAND STRATEGIST to join our collaborative & enthusiastic team. If you’d describe yourself as an enthusiastic self-starter, someone who is always looking to answer the question “why?”, balances analytics with intuition, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative, fun, and highly collaborative environment — then we’d like to meet you!
The Brand Strategist role is focused on thought leadership and contribution in the areas of Brand Strategy and Brand-centric Innovation. Brand Strategists accomplish this by first diving deep into understanding our client’s businesses, categories, brands, products, and their consumer mindsets. Then, paired with our Client Leaders (a.k.a. Account Executives – responsible for managing the day-to-day of projects), the Brand Strategist will seek out and identify opportunities to offer our clients more; not just another project add-on, but meaningful brand strategy, capability, tools, and/or solutions that enable Coho to deliver even better, more strategically thoughtful work. When done well, you will make a difference that can elevate project outcomes from good to great.
Lead Brand Strategy & Innovation project activity across multiple Coho clients and projects. This encompasses both thought leadership and individual contribution (rolling up your sleeves and doing the work!), in that nexus where business challenges & needs meet brand and design.
- Communicate effectively and actively listen, to clearly understand the client’s and project’s needs
- Collaborate to identify Strategy and/or Innovation opportunities on current business
- Develop methodology, cost, and timing of the proposed strategy and/or innovation phases within an overall project proposal; then lead those phase(s) of work (on quality, time, and budget)
- Translation of strategic inputs to inform design development
- Development and delivery of highly engaging presentations to our clients
Examples of “Strategy & Innovation” work activity:
- Landscape Assessment (includes Retail & Category Audits)
- Insights Collection, Data-mining, and Strategic Analysis
- General Expertise Across Consumer Insights, Research, & Design Target Development
- Brand Charter Creation (Promise & Positioning Elements)
- Naming & Verbal Strategy (general creative writing a plus)
- Trend Analysis
- New Product Ideation & Concept Development (CPG best-practiced approach)
Desired Experience: BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience, an ideally a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the branding, design, insights world and/or the consumer products goods industry (either client or agency side of the business).
If this sounds like an ideal job and you’d like to explore the possibility of continuing your career with Coho Creative, please send your cover letter & resume to us here. Thank you!